When summer arrives, our routines change and we find ourselves a little lost regarding which products we can use. We fill our makeup bags to the brim with sunscreens and moisturisers, but in this post we will discover the ingredient that, from today, we cannot miss from our makeup bags in summer, vitamin C.
What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C is an excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant ingredient that provides many benefits to skin.
- It neutralises free radicals protecting the skin from pollution, UVA and UVB rays and blue light. For this reason, many dermatologists recommend using it before sunscreen.
- It protects the DNA of cells and stimulates the production of collagen.
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- It brightens the skin, unifies its tone and reduces blemishes.
The result is a brighter, fresher and more radiant skin that revives its youth, elasticity and firmness.
For all these benefits, vitamin C is an ingredient that works perfectly at any time of year, and also in summer. Together with hyaluronic acid it has become a must-have product for our makeup bags during the holidays.
Myths about vitamin C
Although it is an ingredient we can use during the summer, there are several myths about its benefits and use. Below, we debunk these myths about vitamin C:
- It is not a sunscreen. Although it protects the skin from the harmful effects of the sun, under no circumstances should it be used as an alternative to sunscreens. Use it before your sunscreen as it protects you from free radicals.
- It does not cause irritation, in products that contain derivatives of vitamin C which are better tolerated. They are often longer treatments, and the skin becomes brighter are several days of application.
- In skincare, it is more effective in a topical format (serum and cream) rather than taken orally.
- It is not only for night-time. It is also for the morning, thanks to its brightening effect and neutralising of the effects of solar radiation.
- It is not photosensitizing, in other words, it does not make the skin sensitive to contact with light. As the science states, it has protective properties against UV radiation sunburn.
Glow Elixir, your ally this summer
Glow Elixir is an anti-oxidant serum and brightens a dull complexion.
Why is it special?
- It contains 5% vitamin C.
- It contains glycosaminoglycans that protect and hydrate the skin.
- It provides brightness and more energy to the face.
- It has great anti-oxidant, anti-glycation, protective and reparative power.
- It improves skin texture.
- It brings life to the dull tone of the face.
- It prevents the formation of melanin: it reduces small blemishes.
- It helps prolong the results of medical-beauty treatments.